These peanut butter apple smiles are the perfect after school snack! Use red apples for lips and stick the ‘smiles’ together with creamy peanut butter. The pearly whites were made from mini-marshmallows.
- 2 red apples, quartered and core removed
- 4 tbsp peanut butter, smooth
- 1 pkt (100g) Mallow Bakes (mini-marshmallows)
- Take an apple quarter and slice it length-ways in half and then half again.
- Spread each slice of apple on one side with peanut butter.
- Line 8 white mini-marshmallows up (as teeth) on top of the peanut butter.
- Place another apple slice on top with peanut butter side facing down to make an apple slice ‘sandwich’.
- If you won’t be serving these up straight away, you will need to brush the apple slices with some lemon juice to prevent them turning brown.
- You could use crunchy peanut butter if you want your teeth to look gnarly and un-brushed.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, Australia’s best recipe finder.
Top image from momfoodie.com. Image cropped and modified from original.
The content on this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.